- The privacy of The Frisky Gypsy’s visitors is very important to The Frisky Gypsy, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what The Frisky Gypsy will do with your personal information.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com) and modified by Three29 Media, LLC. (https://three29.com/)C. Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of thefriskygypsy.com including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with thefriskygypsy.com;
- information that you enter when you create a profile on thefriskygypsy.com—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to The Frisky Gypsy emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on thefriskygypsy.com;
- information that is generated while using thefriskygypsy.com, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through thefriskygypsy.com, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- information that you post to thefriskygypsy.com with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- information contained in any communication that you send to The Frisky Gypsy by email or through thefriskygypsy.com, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to The Frisky Gypsy.
Before you disclose to The Frisky Gypsy the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policyD. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to The Frisky Gypsy through thefriskygypsy.com will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of thefriskygypsy.com. The Frisky Gypsy may use your personal information for the following:
- administering thefriskygypsy.com and business;
- personalizing thefriskygypsy.com for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on thefriskygypsy.com;
- sending you goods purchased through thefriskygypsy.com;
- supplying services purchased through thefriskygypsy.com;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you The Frisky Gypsy email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform The Frisky Gypsy at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to The Frisky Gypsy business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which The Frisky Gypsy think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform The Frisky Gypsy at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about The Frisky Gypsy users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our thefriskygypsy.com;
- keeping thefriskygypsy.com secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of thefriskygypsy.com (including monitoring private messages sent through Tidio private messaging service); and
- other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on thefriskygypsy.com, The Frisky Gypsy will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to The Frisky Gypsy.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on thefriskygypsy.com and can be adjusted using privacy controls on thefriskygypsy.com.
The Frisky Gypsy will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.E. Disclosing personal information
The Frisky Gypsy may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Frisky Gypsy may disclose your personal information to any member of The Frisky Gypsy group of companies (this means The Frisky Gypsy subsidiaries, The Frisky Gypsy ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Frisky Gypsy may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that The Frisky Gypsy are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend The Frisky Gypsy legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that The Frisky Gypsy are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who The Frisky Gypsy reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in The Frisky Gypsy reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.F. International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that The Frisky Gypsy collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- Personal information that you publish on thefriskygypsy.com or submit for publication on thefriskygypsy.com may be available, via the internet, around the world. The Frisky Gypsy cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfer of personal information described in this Section F.
- This Section G sets out The Frisky Gypsy data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that The Frisky Gypsy comply with the legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that The Frisky Gypsy process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that The Frisky Gypsy are required to do so by law;
- if The Frisky Gypsy believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- The Frisky Gypsy will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- The Frisky Gypsy will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through thefriskygypsy.com will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and The Frisky Gypsy cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing thefriskygypsy.com confidential; The Frisky Gypsy will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to thefriskygypsy.com).
The Frisky Gypsy may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on thefriskygypsy.com. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. The Frisky Gypsy may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on thefriskygypsy.com.J. Your rights
The Frisky Gypsy may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct The Frisky Gypsy at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or The Frisky Gypsy will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.K. Third party websites
Thefriskygypsy.com includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. The Frisky Gypsy has no control over, and are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties.L. Updating information
Please let The Frisky Gypsy know if the personal information that The Frisky Gypsy holds about you needs to be corrected or updated.M. Cookies
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- The Frisky Gypsy uses Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to recognize a computer when a user visits and navigates the website, uses a shopping cart on the website, to improve the website’s usability, to analyze the use of the website, to personalize the website for each user, and to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on thefriskygypsy.com.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.